Controller of personal data processing
State Agency “Civil Aviation Agency” (hereinafter – Civil Aviation Agency), Biroju Street 10, airport “Riga”, Mārupe municipality, LV-1053, electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose for processing personal data
- Implementation of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/947 of 24 May 2019 on rules and procedures for the operation of unmanned aircraft (hereinafter: Regulation (EU) 2019/947).
- Registration and maintenance of up-to-date data for unmanned aircraft, unmanned aircraft system operators, remote pilots and model aircraft clubs and associations.
- Providing information and guidance to operators of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) that contribute to the safety of UAS operations.
- Providing online training for remote pilots.
- Organisation of proficiency examinations for remote pilots and issuance, restriction, revocation or suspension of documents certifying competence.
- Issuing, amending, limiting, revoking or suspending authorisations for a specific category of operations.
- Conducting oversight of the UAS operator-specific category.
- Evaluation of occurrence reports.
Legal basis for processing
The processing of personal data by the Civil Aviation Agency shall have the following legal basis:
- Article 14 of Regulation (EU) 2019/947.
- Section 117.5, Paragraph one of the Law on Aviation.
- Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 457 of 29 June 2021, Regulations Regarding the Register of Unmanned Aircraft, Unmanned Aircraft System Operators, Remote Pilots and Aircraft Model Clubs and Associations.
- Article 6(1)(c) and (e), (3) (b) of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
Data sources and the category of personal data concerned (not obtained from the data subject)
In order to ensure that the personally identifiable data included in the register of unmanned aircraft, operators of unmanned aircraft systems, remote pilots and model aircraft clubs and associations are correct, in the operation of the system the data of other national information systems (Register of Natural Persons and the Enterprise Register data available through the Data Distribution and Management Platform (DAGR)) or their accuracy shall be verified by the Civil Aviation Agency.
Recipients of personal data or categories of recipients (if any)
Recipients of your personal data shall be in the cases and in accordance with the procedures laid down in laws and regulations:
- BodiesrecognisedbytheCivilAviationAgencyinaccordancewithParagraph10ofCabinet of Ministers Regulation436of29June2021,RegulationsRegardingtheQualificationofRemotePilots;
- othernaturalandlegalpersonsinaccordancewithParagraph16ofCabinet Ministers Regulation457of29June2021,RegulationsRegardingtheRegisterofUnmannedAircraft,UnmannedAircraftSystemOperators,RemotePilotsandAircraftModelClubsandAssociations.
The register of unmanned aircraft, operators of unmanned aircraft systems, remote pilots and model aircraft clubs and associations shall transfer data to other information systems in online data transmission mode to the extent necessary for the operation of the information system concerned, on the basis of a written agreement with the controller of the information system concerned.
Information on the transfer of personal data to third countries or international organisations (if any)
Personal data shall not be transferred outside the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Period of time for which personal data are stored or, where this is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
All information in order to fulfil a legal obligation applicable to the Civil Aviation Agency shall be stored for as long as it is necessary for the achievement of the purpose of processing personal data in accordance with the applicable regulatory enactments. Information from the Register of unmanned aircraft, unmanned aircraft system operators, remote pilots and aircraft model clubs and associations:
- removed from the Register ifitisincorrect,hasbeenincludedintheRegister without any grounds,orthelegalgroundsfortheretentionofinformationhasceased to existandremovalofsuchinformationdoesnotaffectfunctionalityoftheRegister;
- removed from the Register oranonymisedifpersonaldataarenolongernecessary in relation to the purposesforwhichtheywerecollectedorotherwiseprocessed,and alsoifpersonaldatahavebeenprocessed illegally,except for the case where legal acts in the field of unmanned aircraft provide for further processing of personal data.
The following criteria shall be used for determining the retention period of personal data:
- while in accordance with the procedures laid down in external laws and regulations, you or the Civil Aviation Agency may exercise their legitimate interests (for example, examination of claims, protection of rights, resolution of issues, legal proceedings or compliance with limitation periods, etc.);
- as long as either party has a legal obligation to store the data.
After the specified period, the criteria referred to herein shall not be applicable and your personal data shall be deleted or destroyed or anonymised or transferred to the State Archives in accordance with the requirements of regulatory enactments.
Information on whether persons have a statutory or contractual obligation to provide personal data
The provision of personal data shall be mandatory in accordance with the requirements laid down in:
- Paragraph14ofCabinet of Ministers Regulation436of29June2021,RegulationsRegardingtheQualificationofRemotePilots;
- Cabinet of MinistersRegulation457of29June2021,RegulationsRegardingtheRegisterofUnmannedAircraft,UnmannedAircraftSystemOperators,RemotePilotsandAircraftModelClubsandAssociations.
If you do not provide the personal data required by law, you will not be able to receive the services provided by the Civil Aviation Agency.
Information on the existence of automated decision making, including profiling
Such methods are not used in data processing.
Data Protection Officer
Contact information: email@example.com
As a data subject you have the right to:
- Request the manager to access the personal data processed by you as a data subject, to request correction or deletion of inaccurate personal data by submitting a justification for your request, to request restriction of processing of your personal data in cases specified by law, as well as to object to the processing of data.
- Submit a complaint regarding unlawful processing of your personal data to the Data State Inspectorate (address: Elijas Street 17, Riga, LV-1050; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 67223131). In order to find any disagreement or misunderstanding as soon as possible, please first contact the Civil Aviation Agency using the contact information provided above.